Sunday, October 23, 2005

Slacker

OK, I know I have been a slacker lately, but I promise I will never get as bad as Gpa and Pete! I get tired of looking at the same ol' thing on their blog. I finished Eragon a week or so ago. I don't pick up fantasy without good recommendations because it is not my favorite genre, although I usually like it once someone convinces me to try it. I enjoyed Eragon until the very end. I think a more mature author would have wrapped up a few more loose ends at the end of the first book. This author didn't tie up any ends, he just leaves you hanging for the next book. I am not sure I really want to read the next one because I don't want to be left hanging until he gets the third one done. Shane, at least JK Rowling doesn't leave this much undone at the end of her books. I would read Harry Potter over Eragon anytime. I need someone to tell me if Eldest is worth my time or should I wait for the end of the trilogy and read the others at the same time?

All is much better on the homefront here. Ya=ping is still not 100% but she is doing much better. She should be going back to the doctor in the next week or two and they will try to figure out what is making the stones form. Then they will adjust her diet or whatever to help eliminate the problem. David is also supposed to go pick up some blood work results so he can send them off to Paul to peruse. We are so lucky to have such a selfless Dr. in the family to listen to all of our moans and complaints.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

He does leave you hanging in Eragon. I also was really enjoying it but thought it was a terrible ending. I probably will still read Eldest though before the next one comes out, but we'll see.

24/10/05 07:07  
Blogger GmaGpa said...

Thank you Peter. She can't insult us cause we're practically perfect in every way. When we get around to posting it is really exceptional literature.

24/10/05 18:17  
Blogger Apeface said...

From your post on Eragon, I don't think you would miss anything by waiting to read Eldest. He does wrap it up a little more in Eldest, but still leaves some open for the next book.

25/10/05 13:20  
Blogger Deanna said...

I agree with April that the ending for Eldest was a bit better than for Eragon, as far as wrapping things up a bit. I always like reading as much as is written all in one time period so that the previous book is nice and fresh in my mind when I read it. But it's always a no win situation because it seems like we're always waiting for the next book to come out in the fantasy genre...sigh.

25/10/05 17:11  

Post a Comment

<< Home