Saturday, December 08, 2007

Happy Again

I can breathe a sigh of relief and tell you that I am happy again. We got both an email and snail mail from Mark this week. He sounds great! He said the first day was pretty rough but he has not been homesick since. He loves being a missionary. It is such a relief to know he is happy. Really, all you ever want for your kids is for them to be happy.
I also had a great conversation about him yesterday. I gave a shower for a friend of David's who is getting married. A couple of their non-member neighbors came to the shower. When someone asked me about how Mark was doing they both gasped and asked if the boy that just spoke in church was my son. They had come to church for a confirmation on the day of Mark's farewell. They told me how much they have talked about him since then. They even called each other on the Wednesday Mark left to say they were thinking of him because that was the day he was leaving. He made such a strong impression on them. They said a missionary like that, who speaks straight from the heart, might even be able to convert them. When they left they gave me a hug and said they love me already because I have such a great son. Now that is a pay-day for a mom!
Allie would like to type something for the blog: allieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

3 Comments:

Blogger Deanna said...

I'm so glad Mark is loving being a missionary and doing well in the MTC. And how wonderful for those women to have felt the spirit through his talk and to have seen what a great person he is.

9/12/07 14:43  
Blogger Sarah said...

Wow, that's a great little story! I'm glad Mark is doing well!

9/12/07 17:16  
Blogger Apeface said...

I'm glad Mark is doing well. It's not easy being away from home, especially for such a home-body!

13/12/07 15:02  

Post a Comment

<< Home