Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The deed is done

Mark left today for the Washington Spokane Mission. It is about 6 hours later and I am still crying. This was one of the hardest things I ever had to do. I am glad he chose to go but I will miss him so much. We really did have more time together than I had with my other kids because he has been an "only child" for quite a while. My evenings will be long and boring now. Rick is back on graveyards until they get some more electricians hired (and they are having trouble finding people who will work for what they are paying). David was so excited to leave us at the MTC, but Mark was not so happy. He cried along with me. He says he'll miss Allie and Preston most. He is such a great kid!

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

It is a great thing, but sad too. That's what you've been preparing him for all this time, but you still don't want him to leave. He will be great and at least you'll have his letters to look forward to!

28/11/07 18:56  
Blogger Deanna said...

I can definitely see how it would be difficult to send off your last child. He's going to be an awesome missionary and your family will be blessed for it too!

28/11/07 20:31  
Blogger Apeface said...

I think Mark will do well even though it's such a new experience for him. I understand the long boring evenings. When Cam used to work graveyards it would be so lonely being home by myself.

29/11/07 07:52  

Post a Comment

<< Home