Friday, October 27, 2006

Sarah's pattern

I made a scripture bag from Sarah's pattern. It is amazing how quick and easy it was. Well, actually, I am not completely finished. I thought I had a napkin ring, but I didn't, so I need to purchase that tomorrow and sew it on. Sarah, I think putting the zipper in the pocket may almost be easier than leaving it off because you are sewing in a flat piece of material with no extra seams. I have been wanting to sew lately so this was really fun.
Our big news here is that Susanne is having laser surgery on her eyes on Monday. A lot of people she knows have had it done and loved it. She can't wait to be able to wake up and see the clock without having to put on her glasses. I have to admit to being a bit nervous but she did check out the doctor and his sucess rate. Wish her luck.
The girls of our family went to my school's Halloween parade today. Allie loves to watch all the kids in their costumes. She looked beautiful as Cinderella. I was a good teacher and made a costume for me because the kids love it when you do. I was "Super Teacher" with a red cape and a superman logo. Mark has had several times to wear his vampire costume. He looks pretty cool. I will ask Susanne to take pictures on Tuesday so we can share.
We are counting the days before we get to see Ya-ping and Preston. We can't wait! Only 4 1/2 days left!

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Oh I'm glad the scripture bag turned out! I will have to try it with a zipper. I didn't have one when I made mine, but I don't like having an extra zigzag for the raw edges. Anyway, you should take a picture so I can see how it turned out!

sounds like everything else is going well. I'm glad you get to see Preston soon! (and ya-ping of course!)

28/10/06 15:38  

Post a Comment

<< Home