Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Roald Dahl's long lost book

When I was in elementary school, I loved the Roald Dahl books, and I read every one of his children's books--except for one. I'd seen it listed in books that he'd written it, but it was impossible to find. When I was in third grade, David did a little investigating for me, and found out that there were few copies of the book in the world.

Well, a few weeks ago, I was searching on an unrelated topic, and I came across his long lost book: The Gremlins. I believe the movie of the same name made a brief reference to it, but it is completely different. This site has found a copy of the rare book and scanned the pages. The pages are also typed, so that you don't have to squint to read it. There are several typos, but if you're confused, you can look at the original page. You just wouldn't want to read all of it on those pages.

I'm not sure what I think of it, especially the ending. It's 51 (I think) pages, including full-color pictures. It was originally written to be a Disney movie, but I don't think it would have gone over well. Still, I think it ought to be brought out of the shadows of obscurity and placed among the other Roald Dahl books on the shelves.

2 Comments:

Blogger Apeface said...

I found that book....odd. It seemed to just jump from thought to thought. And it had a weird plot. I'm glad you were finally able to find it!

13/10/06 09:17  
Blogger Tammy said...

Sounds different. I think most of his books are different though. I will have to look it up and show Adam. He has liked some of his other stuff. THanks for sharing.

16/10/06 12:44  

Post a Comment

<< Home