Friday, April 14, 2006

Moab

We just came back from a great trip to Moab. We took several short hikes (2 miles was the longest) and went to lots of overlooks. We hiked to Upheaval Dome in Canyonlands. You can see the rim of a dome but the inside has collapsed. They think that was because of a salt layer or a meteorite. The geology is fasinating. We also went to Dead Horse Point and Arches. Then on the way out we drove along the Colorado River going northeast from Moab. We played dominoes and rummy in the trailer and just enjoyed each other's company. Allie loved the trailer and often asked to go back there. Rick and Mark both played with Allie at a little playground at the KOA. The campground also had the best showers we have ever seen at a campground. It was so nice to be clean every day. That is the one drawback of our normal camps.
We also took a little side trip to see a house that was blasted out of the sandstone. It is 5000 square feet and has supporting columns that keep it stable. It was built in the 30s I think. It was kind of fun, but definately a tourist trap.

I am going to start an Ebbert Fitness blog. I will give you all the password in the next day or two (when I get it set up). I think we should try to blog every week or two and report on our diets and exercise. I agree with April that exercise is as important or even more important than weight loss. I know if I would do that consistently I would feel much better.
I am going to try to add pictures next. Wish me luck.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun on your little trip. You guys sure do use your pop up quite a bit.

Let us know about the fitness blog. I, like you, think I would do much better if I knew I had to report back. I don't like feeling like a loser in front of other people, even my family.

15/4/06 08:10  

Post a Comment

<< Home