Friday, July 22, 2005

Not Auntie Ann but Mark on Ya-ping's new name

At one time or another, Allie has said all of our names, but some names have changed over time or else mostly forgotten. I walk into a room with an exclamation of, "It's Dave", even though she said my name before Dave's. Allie decided on her own to call my dad "Pop", and so it's been "Allie, Mom, Dave, Baby, Pop", my mom, Ya-ping and me being omitted. All by herself, Allie gave Ya-ping a new name: Gawgo. She loves to look at pictures, and just labeled Ya-ping "Gawgo". When Allie headed to bed, she said, "Bye pop, bye Gawgo". At least she has the "aw" part right.

5 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

I can't wait to see what she comes up with for you Mark, and your mom. Gawgo. Hmm... I wonder where she came up with that one.

23/7/05 08:04  
Blogger Auntie Ann said...

Ya-ping thinks her name might be Chinese. She has been telling Preston that Nan is Gogo (something like that) which is the word for your father's sister. Since Yaping is Allie's mother's brother's wife (confusing, huh?) the Chinese word for her would be much different. We think Allie may have picked up on Gogo. Who knows?

23/7/05 09:01  
Blogger GmaGpa said...

Who knows? Allie may be on the verge of learning Chinese. Nothing would surprise us in that area.

23/7/05 12:58  
Blogger Donna said...

Hi Ann. You are so fortunate to have Allie so close. I am sooooo grateful that Sarah and Shane brought Kathryn closer to our home. I still can't see her enough, but I check the blog a few times a day waiting for new pictures.

Hope you are all doing well. Sounds like the trip to Iowa was great. Our trip to Provo was wonderful but short. Sam and Lacey's little Riley is just beautiful. I love little children. So much joy comes through their sweet spirits.

Donna

26/7/05 21:30  
Blogger Donna said...

Ann, I do love this blogging stuff. What a great way to keep connected.

You are so wonderful. I am glad that Sarah and Shane decided to get married because I think both of them are loved equally from both sides of the family. I know you guys are so great to Sarah and Shane is just one of our sons.

Isn't the gospel the best?

I know you miss these guys, but I am so blessed to have them near by. I have always enjoyed my children...and I still do...especially those grandchildren!!! I can't wait to spoil Kathryn...if the big kids will let me!

Donna

27/7/05 19:53  

Post a Comment

<< Home