Thursday, June 09, 2005

saying goodbye

We visited with Shane, Sarah and Kathryn Sunday night before they left. It is sad to have all the Ebbert children leave us. Kathryn was as cute as could be. She talked and made silly noises and was so cheerful. It made it all the harder to say goodbye. I guess I just have to look at it as more places to go visit. I know April's leaving will come way too fast as well. She is currently looking for a place to store all of their stuff for the summer.
All is well at our house. Ya-ping and I are now visiting teaching companions and we work together in the RS nursery for enrichment night. In addition to that I help with cub scouts. I have to say I had been praying for ways to serve better because I felt like I was just kind of coasting as far as the church goes....then the Lord did just that. These two jobs are not my favorites and He wanted to see if I really meant what I said. I guess the lesson is to be careful what you ask for. I don't really mind cub scouts or the nursery but I have a hard time balancing my "teacher" side with my "fun" side. I was blessed with good kids and have a hard time dealing with kids who don't know when to behave calmly and kindly. As a teacher that is not too hard because I set the rules and then enforce them. At church it becomes a little harder.
I have rambled enough for one day. Hopefully all is well with everyone else, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home