Thursday, September 16, 2010

So many things

I let so many things slide now with out sharing them. I will try to repent for the moment. We had a nice post labor day campout with the Melville family. We have met the week after Labor Day for the past three years. This is the first time Mark got to join us. It is always fun to catch up with everyone and let Allie play with cousins. Too bad we are so caught up in our own lives that we don't get to play with others more often.

I have started a new school year and seem to have a pretty good class. That makes life so much easier. Last year was especially difficult so this will be a nice break. It took me a couple of weeks to get into the work mode again. I dreaded getting up every morning but I am adjusting, finally.

It has been really nice having Mark home. I know he will go back to school in January, but I will enjoy it while I can. He is such a good influence in our home. He only watches uplifting TV, he always does his scripture study and he exercises everyday. As a consequence, I have been better at all three,too. I should be ashamed that I have to learn from my kids but I guess I am actually proud that they live better than I do and I will try to emulate those good points.
Mark and I have been walking 3-5 days a week. Well, actually he runs and I walk. We start together and usually end together. He jogs past me and then will come back and walk the last bit with me. This week we have passed President and Sister Uchtdorf (is that close enough?) both Wednesday and Thursday. It is cool to see them walking and talking and know they are just normal people who have chosen a life of service. I won't make it up to that level but I can pretend I am just like them because I walk the same route :)

Enough for tonight. Hope all is well with you, too. PS: Marie we would love to have you join us. we try for between 7 and 7:30 up by the golf course.

2 Comments:

Blogger Marie said...

Oh, Mutti! Thanks for the shout out! I will try to join you.

17/9/10 12:29  
Blogger Tammy said...

Ann, I am glad you are walking and enjoying Mark. I already feel like Adam is a good influence on us. Enjoy your time with Mark. I wish I could go walking with you too. How fun to see the Uchtdorfs. I love you and miss you.

25/10/10 20:32  

Post a Comment

<< Home