Friday, June 23, 2006

To Adam

I read Rowan of Rin this week and loved it. Thanks Adam and Tammy for the suggestion. I went to Barnes and Noble to buy the series for my classroom. I will probably read the first one to the class and let the kids pick up the other ones themselves. Boys have an especially hard time finding books they like on a medium reading level and these should help a lot. I am just starting book two and will keep you posted.

Ya-ping's sister comes today for a 3 week stay. We are trying to get some of their stuff moved into the garage so that the house will look half-way decent. It is crazy trying to fit all of us and all of our stuff in one house. But, as hard as that is, it will be even harder to have them leave for Tennessee.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

I am so glad that you read it! It is a household name now. We often tease and call each other Adam of the glasses, etc. Also, I don't know if you have ever done this with your class, but you might get this book on tape and let them have it read to them that way. It is phenomenal. I am sure you are great and everything, but you know... Number 3 was Greg and my favorite. Emily Rodda has also written some other series as well, but we haven't checked those out yet. Yeah!! Someboday actually took one of my suggestions!!

25/6/06 19:38  
Blogger Auntie Ann said...

The only problem with your suggestion is that I am now on book three and will have to read them all. Luckily they are a fast read.

26/6/06 08:53  

Post a Comment

<< Home